If you think that you've tried everything in the scope of non-surgical options, we're here to tell you there are more options out there! We invest in the newest, most state-of-the-art advanced treatment technology to bring you pain relief with no surgery, no needles, and little to no downtime.
The TENS unit is just another one of these treatments. And now, it's available to you at an affordable price. By obtaining this technology from our office, you'll not only pay a budget-friendly price, but you'll also benefit from access to experts who will be in your corner during every step of your recovery.
Long story short: getting rid of heel pain is hard, so we do everything we can to make it simple.
What is TENS?
TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation. It is also sometimes called an electrical stimulation unit, or E-Stim. That's a super sciency way of describing a low voltage electrical current that provides pain relief from the inside out. By stimulating the nerves, the TENS unit triggers endorphins and other substances in the body to essentially turn off the pain signals the brain sends to that area. It comes in the form of a battery-powered device. By using four to eight leads connected to electrodes placed over the areas causing pain, TENS is able to stop the pain from within, using the processes that already occur naturally in the body.
Can't I Just Buy TENS on Amazon?
With over 100 million people suffering from chronic pain in the U.S. alone, it's no wonder that pain relief is a billion-dollar industry. Because of this, it's tough to determine which pain-relief products actually work. Not only that, but accessing at-home treatment for heel pain can be a confusing process. You're expected to weave through hundreds of products and thousands of reviews and ratings to find something that actually works. And even then, you can't be completely sure that the product you buy will work for you and your specific condition.
Sure, you can e-stim and TENS units on Amazon, but here's what you'll miss out on by not obtaining this technology from our professional office:
- Confidence that you've purchased a product actually vetted by a foot and ankle specialist
- An evaluation by a professional so you can be sure the treatment is safe for you
- A team of understanding, compassionate people who are obsessed with getting you back on your feet and back to your life, who will (literally) cheer for you when you get discharged from treatment
- Budget-friendly prices and, for some plans, the ability to have the TENS unit billed through your insurance
Is TENS Right For Me?
A thorough exam will be conducted in the office to ensure that this technology is safe and effective for you and your particular case. Here are a few of the types of people who can benefit from a TENS unit:
- Chronic pain sufferers
- Those with heel pain caused by plantar fasciitis or Achilles tendinitis
- Athletes and runners with recurring foot pain
- Those who want non-drug pain relief in the comfort of their home
- Patients with fractures, sprains, or strains
- People dealing with post-surgery pain
- Muscle pain sufferers
- Those experiencing muscle weakness or decreased motor control
TENS, like any treatment, isn't for everyone. We'll offer alternative options to the TENS unit if you:
- Have any open wounds
- Are pregnant
- Have a pacemaker or other metal implant
- Suffer from epilepsy
- Have been diagnosed with neuropathy
- Are of diminished capacity
The TENS unit is not to be used over the spine or any major vessels like the carotid artery.
Non-Surgical, Non-Drug Relief For Heel Pain
In this day in age, most people expect to go to the doctor with complaints of persistent pain and receive a prescription.
Not at Freeland Foot and Ankle.
Our goal is to rid you of your heel pain in the most effective way while doing the best we can to keep you active and avoid disrupting your daily life. Heel pain is disrupting enough! Let's get you back on your feet with little to no downtime, no pills, capsules, or prescriptions, no surgery, no needles, and no fuss. If you're interested in this effective and affordable treatment for heel pain, why not give us a call? We'll set you up with a consultation to get you on the right track to get rid of heel pain and give you the tools to make sure it never comes back.