Are you avoiding treatment for foot and ankle pain because you dread having surgery? Many patients associate specific foot and ankle conditions with the need for surgical intervention; however, at Freeland Foot and Ankle Clinic, we focus on conservative treatment.
We want to help you meet your goals without painful, invasive, and expensive surgery. By coming to a conservative provider first, you may be able to eradicate your foot and ankle pain in just a few visits!
Understanding Your Conditions and Options
We want to collaborate with you when it comes to your care plan. Keeping you in the loop regarding your diagnoses and treatment options is important to our team. Your best weapon when it comes to healing foot and ankle pain is a provider that genuinely cares and keeps you involved in every decision. A step-by-step care plan will be presented to you at your first visit. This will be your guide, allowing you to visualize the progress you've made and the treatment options available.
Be Involved In Your Care
Previously, if splinting a painful ankle or providing inserts for heel pain didn't result in any significant improvement, the patient in question would be referred to a surgeon. Not at Mid Michigan's favorite foot and ankle clinic! Heel pain can be eradicated with state-of-the-art techniques and treatments.
We understand that you work hard to stay active, and the lengthy recovery period required after a major procedure is the last thing you want. We also know that you may want to avoid surgery without living with taking medications. We have comprehensive care plans that are customized to your specific situation. We consider your age, level of activity, general health, other preexisting conditions, and of course, your unique diagnoses when formulating a plan of care.
How Can I Avoid Surgery?
Advanced treatments are often thought of in a similar light as surgery: expensive and time-consuming. At Freeland Foot and Ankle Clinic, we strive to be fully transparent in the cost and effectiveness of the advanced treatments we offer to our Mid-Michigan community. The best part? You don't have to drive to a larger city, you don't have to find a parking spot and then trek through a huge hospital. Treatments previously unattainable for many are now available for all in a small, centrally located office.
So what do we offer? If you're dealing with heel or foot pain, the following options are available to get you back on your feet with less pain and no surgery:
- Taping and Splinting: using QuickTapeR and a high-quality stretching splint, we will first work on supporting your foot and allowing for the appropriate stretch in the connective tissues.
- Pure Stride Insoles: We strive to offer products we trust. Pure Strides are over-the-counter insoles available for purchase right in our office. We will work meticulously to ensure the perfect fit.
- Custom Orthotics: Typically covered by commercial insurance plans, custom orthotics offer unmatched structural support. Many patients see exponential improvement following a brief break-in period. These devices are even billable through your insurance!
- Laser Pain Therapy: By targeting specific trigger points, the laser treatment improves circulation to the damaged areas. This helps encourage your body's natural healing response and can help shorten recovery time.
- EPAT: Short for Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Technology, this treatment aggravates the cells in the painful area, activating blood flow, oxygen, and healing factors that encourage cellular repair.
Suppose these options are exhausted, and you are still experiencing pain, inflammation, or discomfort. In that case, we can order advanced imaging (an MRI or CT) or provide you with a referral to a trusted physical therapist.
At the end of the day, some patients require surgery. Our goal is to give you the confidence to explore other avenues before going on the surgical route. Non-invasive care can be just as effective, and we've seen success with many patients. If you do need surgery, we can provide you with a referral to a trusted orthopedic surgeon.
Serving Our Midland, Saginaw, and Bay City Communities with Compassion
Whether you have been experiencing foot and ankle pain for days, months, or even years, we are here to tell you that are options. You deserve a provider who celebrates your progress and ensures you walk out of the clinic feeling better than when you walked in—interested in exploring the many treatment options available right here in Freeland? Give us a call at (989) 695-6788 or fill out our online contact form, and one of our friendly Team members will happily give you all the information on treatments that will get you back on your feet and back to your life!