Starting on Monday, July 25th, Freeland Foot and Ankle Clinic will host our annual Move Your Feet Virtual 5K! The idea was born out of the pandemic when real, in-person races were impossible. We came up with this idea, and it stuck!
How Does a Virtual 5K Work?
This walk/run is free to participate in. You have one week, from July 25th to July 31st, to complete a 5K.
- Move your feet! Get out and get moving, whether you're walking or running. Make sure to use a fitness tracker to track your route, or you can do so manually.
- Send us a Facebook message with a screenshot from your app or call us and let us know what your route was! We'll record you after you've completed a 5K (3.1 Miles).
Why We Love Hosting a Virtual 5K
Running or walking a 5K has benefits of its own. Getting up and out of the house, away from TV, phone, or computer screens, has lasting benefits to your overall health! But why participate in a virtual 5K?
- You can complete the mileage at your own pace. As long as you've tracked a total of 3.1 miles by the end of the week, we consider you a winner! Instead of pushing yourself into exhaustion by trying to finish at the same time as other racers, you can go at your own pace.
- Join in with your team at work, a group of friends, or just your dog. Complete the 5K with those you love! Enjoy each other's company out in nature as you move your feet and work towards that prize. We think this is a great Team-Building event for your work family, too!
- Join Freeland Foot and Ankle Clinic! You're invited to complete the 5K with the FFAC Team and Dr. Dailey! See below for details.
Walk With the Doc!
Participate in the 5K independently or complete your 5K by walking with Dr. Dailey and the FFAC Team at the Freeland SportsZone on Thursday, July 28th at 3:30 pm. We will meet at the pavilion (5690 Midland Rd, Freeland MI).
Give us a call to register your family to walk with the doc!
Let's Get you 5K-Ready, Mid-Michigan
Does the thought of walking more than a few steps at a time have you cringing? Are you struggling to get through your everyday, busy life because foot and heel pain are holding you back? We don't think you should have to sit on the sidelines for another moment. Find out why we're Mid-Michigan's #1 Rated Podiatrist! Give us a call to schedule a consultation today!